• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Our Discord
  • Old Town "Town" system!

BiGUNMAN

Citizen
    Ultimate
    So ironically, we are called "OldTown" yet do not have any true "town" system, we've been looking at a couple options and this is basically what we've come up with.

Towny
    What towny allows players to do, is create a town (for a certain amount of in-game cash), and a town gets a certain amount of blocks per player within the town. These towns can set plots for players for where they can build, where the town buildings are, and so on.
    Towns can be grouped into Nations. Nations fight with each other, or can declare each other neutral, and basically (on war days). Towny's are based on money, you can tax members, there are wars, its a complex system, and because its complex I personally don't think its great for OldTown, but maybe you guys disagree or have a suggestion?

Custom Districts/Towns
    Districts

You can create your own district outside of a town, must be 200 blocks away from one, and there you can
    build your homes, like you can at the moment in-game.

Towns
    You can also create a town in which you and your friends interact in.

Town Lands
    There are 2 types of lands within a town. Resident Land, Town land.

Town Land
    Town land is land controlled by town Helpers and Owners, in which they can build all kinds of things, and the members can edit/touch chests and stuff within it.

Residence Land
    This land is given to a member. It can also be rented or sold to a member of the town.
    The member can then allow people in or out of it.

* When you rent a plot, you can only interact with blocks, like chests and buttons, not edit things.

Town Members
    A town "Owner" can kick/invite a person to a town, he can also remove or add a plot to/from someone.

A town "Helper" can also do that and edit utility areas and the "town" land.

A town "Member" can only edit his plot (if you guys want we can make it so that he can edit "town" land.\

Starting a Town
    To start a town you need money and 3 supporting members. The total amount to start a town is 10k coins, and will increase as more towns popup. Your town must be 500 blocks away from another one.

/town create [name] - You deposit 10,000 coins. Then /town support [name] - Now you get 5 people to support the town, to support a town you need to deposit 2500 coins.

/town set spawn - This sets the spawn to the town, which is within a "town utility" area

Extra
    You can be a member of multiple towns.

Sheeprulz

Neko
    Titan
    i think this is a great idea as it is a good way to befriend many people although the war idea also sounds cool because you can "strategize" and such with ur town member to win a war. maybe there could be a reward for winning the war. i wouldnt say "take over the town!" but maybe some diamonds and such. Maybe even money? I dont know but with knowing the basics, This seems like a cool idea.

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    I disagree with the wars, that is not OldTown's style ,_, not the survival world's, more precisely

EDIT: The last time I spyed upon people strategizing 99% of the words were aimed to offend the opponents and 1% on the distance of the overpowered cannons that the plugins provided them with ,_,

Last edited:

AdaptedDolphin

A Dolphin
    I like the idea of the town wars. I have been wanting some kind of pvp on this server and we haven't gotten it (other than the pvp zone which is still closed off). I also like the town idea because it would bring us all together. Players would live together, communicate more, strategize for wars, and lots more. I absolutely want this is the game.

AdaptedDolphin

A Dolphin
    Since everyone is fighting over whether or not form of PVP should be added, maybe the town wars could be optional even if you ARE in a town. So if you want to join a town but don't want to fight, it's up to you whether or not you join in

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    I remember when we tried to combine PvP with the "family-friendly" concept... people got fizzy like coke, it didn't go well ,_,

Factions was removed from OT, PVP got removed from OT, but now Town(or Nation) Wars?
    I'm sure BiG will get Towny Plugin but disable the war aspect, if not, then he should bring back PVP and/or Factions back.

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    You'll need to be given a ThornsXD (yes, XD is a roman number, 490) helmet, I want to see people "strategize" against that :3

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    That'd be useful for the old "tp2me-&-die" trick, and will barely do something more than giving us moderators tons of work to do ,_,

AdaptedDolphin

A Dolphin
    It kinda makes me mad how you guys mock me and others for liking pvp and saying "strategize". If two people were given the same gear, the one with the more knowledge about pvp would win. Yes, all it takes is left clicking. It's one button. If you are saying pvp takes no skill because all you do is click one button, that's like saying Rubiks cubes are easy because all you do it turn the cube in different directions using one motion. I like pvp and want some form of it in. I'm sorry if you don't agree.

TransparentFate

Citizen
    God
    Take the debate here, I actually would like to continue this because you give a really good counter argument against us. Excuse us if it looks like we're mocking.

Back on topic, with this in mind, is it possible to change our current districts into towns or is the town thing a completely different feature/command?