• I SAID NO

Votes: 1 33.3%
    • NO U MI

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    Hi,
    Some days ago I came up with the idea of creating an user interface modification based on Mirror's Edge (more precisely, Mirror's Edge Catalyst), which has two features: automated pathfinding from the player's position (including ideal jumps and shortcuts) and a 3D map of the surrounding landscape.

Now I'm developing it.

This one lacks the pathfinding feature I wanted to create, because, honestly, I have no idea how I could write a custom pathfinding algorithm that fits my needs (No, A* and Dijkstra's don't). The pathfinding feature has been replaced with a manually set point-to-point line, which doesn't get saved; it's just a placeholder.

What I succeeded at writing (which is what I'm most proud of) is the 3D map.
    This map (or, as I named it, "overmap"), much like many minimap mods, lets you see the entire surrounding area, with two differences:
    1. Being a 3-dimensional map, it lets you examine the landscape from any angle.
    2. Instead of being a "textured" map, it's an approximative wireframe. It's not as realistic or efficient as textured maps, but it lets you see through hills and buildings in an intuitive way.
    It's not really useful for anything (yet, but I've got planned features :3), but I decided to post it here because I spent quite some time on it and my instincts tell me to brag about it.
    The only thing it can be useful for, right now, is a feature ("sixth sense") that lets you track mobs over your HUD and on your overmap. I have yet to ask @BiGUNMAN if such a feature is allowed on Aspiria, so I only wrote the Single-Player version of it.

- Why did I post this on aspiriamc.com instead of doing so on minecraftforum.net or stuff like that?
    - Two reasons: I don't like minecraftforum.net, minecraftforge.net (even though it helped me a lot) nor PMC, and I only play on Aspiria, therefore I feel like I'm more connected to people here than other random dudes flying across popular websites. Although this place is void empty...

- Why would I use this?
    - Because you can find mobs with it? I don't know ,n,

- Showing off?
    - Yes. A lot of people do, therefore whatever.

- no piks no cliks
    -
    These screenshots refer to the 05-08-2016 version of the mod.

If someone has an idea for a feature, or if anybody really, very good at math stuffies knows something about pathfinding and decides to help me, he/she will be listed within the authors of the mod (hoping it will become something useful *^*).

Known issues:
    - A lot of buttons to assign. [fixed in an unreleased build]
    - The overmap stops updating if its resolution is too high (when it happens, you will find an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in the console) [fixed in an unreleased build]
    - In multiplayer, chat color codes become weird... things. [fixed in an unreleased build]
    - Rendering may have issues when either one of the features are being used and rendered (dark ambience, red/green hands). [fixed in an unreleased build]

Mod download
    - Is it a virus?
    - No, but apart from my words and the screenshots, I have no proof. It might affect performance on very-low spec machines though, but I can't really test that.

How to install: like any simple Forge mod (which needs Forge Mod Loader (FML for friends))
    Download to <minecraft_folder>\mods;
    Setup your key bindings;
    Enjoy '^'

Usage:
    Simple version:
    Push buttons .n.
    Advanced version:
    First of all, if you're reading the advanced usage tips you might want to customize the mod's configuration files (<mc_folder>\config\runnerv\*.cfg). You can read/write them with any text editor, including Mircosoft's Notepad.

Here's a description for every value:​
    path.enabled=#
    If this value is NOT 1, the experimental path-tracking feature will be disabled.​
    sixthSense.enabled=#
    If this value is NOT 1, the mob-tracing feature will be disabled.​
    overmap.enabled=#
    If this value is NOT 1, the overmap feature will be disabled.​
    color.#=null
    OR
    color.#=######
    defines the color of a mob type; it's used to determine the color of the lines representing every mob. It needs to be a hexadecimal number, or, if you don't want certain types to be traced, "null".​

default.range=#
    defines the range of your overmap (in blocks).​
    default.res=#
    defines how many "squares" are going to be rendered (may be lower than set value due to unloaded chunks).​
    distance=#
    multiplier of the distance of the overmap from the player's eyes (the runner view mode has a null distance).​
    tickInterval=#
    defines how often the overmap updates (# is measured in seconds).​
    It is recommended not to edit any file, except for mod.cfg; however, if you do, you can reset a key to its default value by deleting its line (you can also safely delete the whole file).
    It IS recommended to edit mod.cfg, since disabling an unneeded feature will save your keyboard from useless key bindings.

I'm too lazy to list every key binding's meaning, but they're not hard to figure out :3​

Last edited:

Garrieth

Legend
    I'm one confusled [porpoisly spelled wrong] little boy now :p

Lots of "code" words to look at!

Anyway, erm... peace xD
    Garrett

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    I'm planning to add a player / mob / entity detector, but I don't know if it's allowed here so I don't know if I should just make it local-server only ;n;
    I'm one confusled [porpoisly spelled wrong] little boy now :p
    Lots of "code" words to look at!

Anyway, erm... peace xD
    Garrett
    Did I really put too much technical stuff? ;-;