• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Our Discord
  • Good Intensions With Bad Results?

Farms or Business

• Total voters

POW_Derpington

Formerly known as _POW_
    Recently there have been some changes in Aspiria that attempt to close the gap between mostly those with 500k - 800k and those with 20k - 50k. Granted that I qualify more into the 20k - 50k area, however I still must address a gripe. Over time it has become much harder to make money because mining has become much less profitable. More recently the price to start an auction has been raised to 1k. Although the intensions of all this are good and at first seem to favor a middle class, but in the end don't.
    It makes it much harder for those of us with 20k - 50k to get started on the path of capitalism which in most of these cases leads to 500k - 800k. Suddenly there is a massive struggle for cash flow. This causes things like auto farms, villager enchantment farms and infinite sources of money through villager trades. Things like this aren't capitalism, they're abuse of the system. There is too much work for too little of a reward. If we all go to farms and abuses, then Aspiria loses the side of it that made it more than just a community.
    That all being said, I believe in a balance, meaning that although I think that for example, the option to sell ores should be added back, I do not believe that a single diamond ore should be worth more than 1.25k.

Garrieth

Legend
    I stopped reading at about the third line... that's just me :3
    I voted the Business one cause I love that kind of economy and building the shops :p
    #HatersGonnaHate

Recently there have been some changes in Aspiria that attempt to close the gap between mostly those with 500k - 800k and those with 20k - 50k. Granted that I qualify more into the 20k - 50k area, however I still must address a gripe. Over time it has become much harder to make money because mining has become much less profitable. More recently the price to start an auction has been raised to 1k. Although the intensions of all this are good and at first seem to favor a middle class, but in the end don't.
    It makes it much harder for those of us with 20k - 50k to get started on the path of capitalism which in most of these cases leads to 500k - 800k. Suddenly there is a massive struggle for cash flow. This causes things like auto farms, villager enchantment farms and infinite sources of money through villager trades. Things like this aren't capitalism, they're abuse of the system. There is too much work for too little of a reward. If we all go to farms and abuses, then Aspiria loses the side of it that made it more than just a community.
    That all being said, I believe in a balance, meaning that although I think that for example, the option to sell ores should be added back, I do not believe that a single diamond ore should be worth more than 1.25k.
    If I'm reading this correctly, it is not abuse...

philitup333

Colossus
    I agree completely look at players like hakarudawn, and im not saying that they dont deserve all the money they got but the server is definitely geared towards players with tons of money, being a player with a sizable amount of money, this is great for me, but before i bought tabby a rank i was poor, my way of making money was by selling coal ore, then it was mycelium, and as both of those options were removed i had no way of making money, so i turned to a snowball grinder. look idk how but players are getting massive amounts of money and idk how i get that people can grind, and stuff but i have never seen hakarudawn online but 1 time and they are thhe richest player on thhe entire server, recently they gained 27 or so million in less than a day. anyways im rambling now, ima shut up

-phil

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    I think we should have more and better regulations. For instance, the 1k auctioning price should instead be based on the auctioner's amount of money, making it possible for poor people to auction items and hard for full-time farmers to crush the economy. Like taxes.

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    I personally don't care either, because I already have everything I need... but I believe this is about those who don't.

TransparentFate

Citizen
    God
    Sell diamond ore (ores in general) causes:
    High price : encourage use of hacks
    Low price : fortune enchant the crap out of that and profit
    Conclusion : don't sell it, we already know our mistakes in 1.7 and don't want to repeat it again